Friday, September 23, 2011

My Digital Life

I use computer everyday. I surf on the Internet everyday. I am an Internet-addict. I am hopeless.

Who cares? I just want to be plugged to the world.


photo by Conor Lawless on Flickr


Here're some media that I use everyday:

  1. Twitter - Twitter is a combination of innumerable fragmented pieces of people's lives.
  2. Facebook - The key reason why I try so hard to climb over the Great Fire Wall standing between mainland China and the outside world: to get on Facebook.
  3. Weibo & Fanfou - two microblogs based in mainland China, equivalent to twitter, yet with more Chinese characteristics.
  4. Douban - a useful website to find people who share common interests with you in books, music and movies.

What do I want to learn in this course? Hmmmm...I am so used to writing in new media. In fact, I write a lot via new media. But the things I write are mostly fragmented, incoherent pieces. This course is a good opportunity to force myself to write something logical, coherent, complete, making the most of the fabulous new media tools we have in today's digital era.

3 comments:

  1. You really do have an active digital life! I hope you meet the goals that you have set for yourself!

    BTW, it looks like the image that you have used in this post is copyright (all rights reserved). What that means is that you can't reproduce it without the consent of the rights-holder. I'm afraid you will have to take it down and replace it with an image with a creative commons license that allows you to remix the work.

    A pity, it's a nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see. I've changed the picture. Hopefully this one is ok. Thank you for your comment Mr.Hafner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done - it seems that that user has made their photos available under a commercial commons licence so that's much better!

    ReplyDelete